Only casual, every now and then

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bashful

I'm a casual, every now and then cyclist. For shopping, local visits and exercise. I have an old Dawes Kingpin girls' bike. I love it dearly but it is showing its age in places. No longer has two white tyres as last time I had to replace I couldn't get them. Will post a picture when allowed. My Dad is of the more serious variety and has a plethora of old bikes.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My Dad is of the more serious variety and has a plethora of old bikes.
:laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get your Dad to help you - he will being a regular cyclist, and be quite 'chuffed' on the quiet. My daughter has been in the 'I'll mess my hair/make up' for a few years - won't listen to dad and older brother telling her to use the granny gear up a trail.... nope, it's not a little lump you can honk it over, you will have to pedal.

Engage with Dad, he will help you -he won't have liked to push. You've got to get 'cycling' and you can't push it. You will be your Dad's best mate...

I work with many young/healthy/fit/pretty/handsome folk in my office - all mid to late 20's, no exercise, all busy with life/social... they look in horror at a few of us that are married, with kids and we turn up with broken bones at work because we are still active in the sports we enjoyed as a kid... we are all far fitter than the kid... so you Dad wasn't wrong....

Talk to Dad....

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Dawes Kingpin's are fine - there's a Facebook group specifically for them.

I've the Raleigh Twenty variety but will probably change that for a Kingpin in the next few months:

dscf5552-jpg.jpg

Top Bottom