1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only two days to go

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by abchandler, 19 Dec 2007.

1. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

until sundown starts getting later again. Ooooh I can see the spring plants already

2. indeed and hoorah.

2084902936_8468e44f50_b.jpg

3. I thought you were going to say 'til the end of work/ the holidays'

4. col

col Veteran

So did i:biggrin:

5. will

will Senior Member

the early dark is driving me crazy - I need a winter house in Australia

6. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I must admit that I hate the long run up to the shortest day and this week I've been consoling myself with the thought that I've only got to endure the shortest week of the year and then however grey and miserable it may be, at least the days are getting longer.

(As it is, I'm going skiing for a week and it's nice and sunny in the Three Valleys at the moment.)

7. col

col Veteran

Thats exactly how i feel,but the opposite way round.;)

8. don't be silly, you'd never get home at night.

9. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

abchandler - have you finished the weffriddles thing yet? stuck on 44 (the real one).

10. PeteB99

PeteB99 Active Member

Depends exactly where you are but the evenings have been getting lighter (albeit only by a few seconds per night) for the last 2 or 3 days. Sunrise OTOH is still getting steadily later ;).

11. OP
    OP
    abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

Got to real 43, and the 'help' forum seemed to explain the answer exactly rather than just hint at what might be useful so I gave up at that point. Didn't want to 'go through the motions' of completing levels just for the sake of it

12. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

I'm very excited about Friday as I have finally decided to start commuting once we have a bit more daylight (hopefully by the end of Feb). Means I needd to buy some more kit too!!

13. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

It's been not too bad for me - commuting - not too dark.

Anyone thinking about it, just get out after the festivities ! All down hill now to lighter nights !

14. OP
    OP
    abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

That's my plan in the New Year. Just bought Ayup lights to illuminate the way in and out, and I'll have about 8 miles each way on quiet roads. Only the frost is a bit daunting at the mo.

15. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...thankfully...

...actually th ewiind and rain, and even the cold now, I have conquered this year...but the frost and ice...Bah!!