Only two days to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
indeed and hoorah.

2084902936_8468e44f50_b.jpg

I must admit that I hate the long run up to the shortest day and this week I've been consoling myself with the thought that I've only got to endure the shortest week of the year and then however grey and miserable it may be, at least the days are getting longer.

(As it is, I'm going skiing for a week and it's nice and sunny in the Three Valleys at the moment.)

col

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:
I must admit that I hate the long run up to the shortest day and this week I've been consoling myself with the thought that I've only got to endure the shortest week of the year and then however grey and miserable it may be, at least the days are getting longer.

(As it is, I'm going skiing for a week and it's nice and sunny in the Three Valleys at the moment.)

Thats exactly how i feel,but the opposite way round.;)

Tetedelacourse

abchandler - have you finished the weffriddles thing yet? stuck on 44 (the real one).

PeteB99

Depends exactly where you are but the evenings have been getting lighter (albeit only by a few seconds per night) for the last 2 or 3 days. Sunrise OTOH is still getting steadily later ;).

OP
OP
abchandler

abchandler

Tetedelacourse said:
abchandler - have you finished the weffriddles thing yet? stuck on 44 (the real one).

Got to real 43, and the 'help' forum seemed to explain the answer exactly rather than just hint at what might be useful so I gave up at that point. Didn't want to 'go through the motions' of completing levels just for the sake of it

Hugo15

Über Member
I'm very excited about Friday as I have finally decided to start commuting once we have a bit more daylight (hopefully by the end of Feb). Means I needd to buy some more kit too!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's been not too bad for me - commuting - not too dark.

Anyone thinking about it, just get out after the festivities ! All down hill now to lighter nights !

OP
OP
abchandler

abchandler

That's my plan in the New Year. Just bought Ayup lights to illuminate the way in and out, and I'll have about 8 miles each way on quiet roads. Only the frost is a bit daunting at the mo.

Bigtallfatbloke

...thankfully...

...actually th ewiind and rain, and even the cold now, I have conquered this year...but the frost and ice...Bah!!

Top Bottom