1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ooh, can i do it…

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by alecstilleyedye, 8 May 2008.

?
  1. on the bike, nay bother

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. the car

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i've just received a new set of wheels at work. will i manage to get them home on the bike, or will i have to drive back for them.

bet now…

2. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

How far is your journey home?

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Tie them either side of the handle bars - I've seen TT'ers do it when they ride out to an event ...... just don't expect or even try to go fast.....

4. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

5. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

If it a "set" of wheels, does that mean there are four of them. Two wheels being a pair.:wacko:

Could be a set of wheels for lots of things other than a bicycle.

A set of wheels for a hydraulic jack, for instance, only 8 inches in diameter, but extremely heavy.

A new set of wheels for your Scalextric? or your lawn mower? I think you need to be a teensy bit more pacific before I place my bet.;)

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

7. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Bah, cheating - he'll just put the bike inside one, and ride them home one at a time, like some sort of giant cycling hamster.

8. I have done this alecs...do-able, but no filtering, squeezing between lines of stationary traffic etc. All the 'techniques' go out the window - and patience is a virtue (or she's driving the Clio convertible that you are stuck behind...frightened to dink your wheels or her car!;)

Time it takes.

9. OP
    OP
    alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

bah, got talked out of tieing them to the rucksack by a cycling colleague. it was very hot though, so i left the rucksack there as well, riding home competely unladen.

10. I forgot to say that I tied mine to the rucksack with inner tubes - nice and 'giving & protective'.;)

11. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

I'd have gone for giant bangles.

12. red_tom

red_tom New Member

Bagsy Susanna Hoffs :biggrin:

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

You could do it tomorrow when he's not looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!