Ooof, dog attacked (our fault)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/baby-mauled-death-husky-dog-26422483
And this is at court right now, appears the dog managed to get loose while the baby was being put into the van, you’ve only got to look at the dogs trust website, a lot of dogs for adoption have issues that they will work with alongside new owners , to me it’s not worth the risk, it’s a ticking bomb that can go off at any time, when least expected, it really annoyed me when walking our dog that people with bigger dogs would allow them to run up to her when specifically told to keep their dog away, it’s only playing, it won’t hurt your dog etc etc , when I have no idea how their mutt’s brain is wired.

DRM

Guru
Reading peoples thoughts is...thought provoking itself.
Part (most) of me thinks the guy is not at fault, hes trying to do the right thing, give a dog a chance. That said, if it were my dog, after seeing that incident it'd be muzzled without question, but then for me, a dog is to play with, to have fun, not to be ever wary of. Respect to the fella but i dont know if id ever trust the dog...therefore it'd have to go.

The rehoming agency ? Its a lose lose situation. Its now rehomed in a busy urban environment, its going to come across dogs, cats, kids, im surprised they didnt insist it be muzzled, (they may have, the new owner may have thought otherwise)...
If they rehomed it in a quieter area, its more likely to be off the lead...and thats more dangerous although the chances of meeting ither animals and kids is less likely.

Its a ticking time bomb, im not sure anyone can guarantee an incident wouldnt happen. The dogs shown major agression, were it mine, itd have to go, perhaps the ultimate sanction is best.
I believe your right, in this case a one way ticket to the vets, it can’t be trusted, a dog is supposed to be a companion, not a constant worry about what will happen next

Top Bottom