Oooo i did like this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petek

Über Member
It's got the crappy 5 speed hub. You can never get bottom gear so it's effectively a 4 speed.

Having heard the same horror stories about the 5 speed , originally I was after getting the Sovereign spec but with 3-speed. LBS talked me round to 5 speed . Apparently most probs are down to not adjusting the cable after a month or so from new. It stretches. No issues at all with first on mine and, as noted above. First on the five speed is easier than was first on my old three speed. It's a Sturmey Archer hub as was the old one. Sovereign spec includes hub dynamo and front light , battery back light and a back wheel lock.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Having heard the same horror stories about the 5 speed , originally I was after getting the Sovereign spec but with 3-speed. LBS talked me round to 5 speed . Apparently most probs are down to not adjusting the cable after a month or so from new. It stretches.
The usual excuse is that the hub has been filled with the wrong type of grease :smile:
http://www.birminghamcyclist.com/fo...dvice-please?commentId=3004025:Comment:137191

Top Bottom