OOPS! Dont make this mistake with your coffee pod machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
So there I was.....early morning and bleary eyed. Set the machine up with mug in place then put the pod in and "tried" to close the lid. I realised the pod was not sitting correctly so I replaced it then closed the lid and pressed the button .....simple.
I smuggly left it to do its thing.
What I hadnt realised was that I had already pierced the pod the first time.
You have no idea how much ground coffee those pods contain or just how far it can spray under pressure :eek:.
Took me 20 minutes to clear the mess up and Mrs D has checked it yet:blush:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
You need an Aeropress... then you can experience the joys of forgetting to put the filter in.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Capture1_zpscavoa0rq.png
+
Capture_zpscgaifprx.png
= No mess

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Oh dear.
Mrs D has just called me into the kitchen.
Unbelievable but the "mess" has somehow run inside the units and all over both shelves. Even the small dishes are full of a gungy mess of ground coffee and water.
I have been pushed outside while nice Mrs D cleans it all up.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
You clearly haven't experienced the joys of spooning the coffee from the jar and somehow mostly missing the mug.

There's no such thing as man-proof.

Ahh, but the clean up is a couple of minute wipe with a cloth or paper towel. It seems like @Dave7 's machine embarked upon redecorating his kitchen in a form of pebble dash.

Reactions: C R
I have one of the more old-fashioned espresso machines like a smaller version of the cafe ones.

For some reason I like the ritual of grinding coffee beans and tamping the coffee in the filter, experimenting with strengths of the brew. It helps that I am never in a hurry over my coffee.

Done exactly the same as @Dave7 and I can confirm it makes a spectacular mess. Far more impressive than knocking a cup of coffee over.. Even bigger than emptying a whole cafetiere over your worktop....

Top Bottom