OOPS! Dont make this mistake with your coffee pod machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't have a problem. I slip George Clooney's pod into my machine, I heat and squeeze and before you know it I've a mouthful of Mr Clooney's sweet hot liquid. He never dribbles or sprays all over the place.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
A solution to a non problem, this is all you need:

View attachment 442664
Now then SSL, how do you find time to chop up wood, make a fire, boil the coffee, wait for it to cool from thermo-nuclear and ride your bike 70+ miles everyday?

So there I was.....early morning and bleary eyed. Set the machine up with mug in place then put the pod in and "tried" to close the lid. I realised the pod was not sitting correctly so I replaced it then closed the lid and pressed the button .....simple.
I smuggly left it to do its thing.
What I hadnt realised was that I had already pierced the pod the first time.
You have no idea how much ground coffee those pods contain or just how far it can spray under pressure :eek:.
Took me 20 minutes to clear the mess up and Mrs D has checked it yet:blush:

Been there, done that! My sympathies, as you will be finding bits of coffee turning up all over the place for ages....

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dave7 does remind me. I got a pile of cooking apples so prepped them then into the pressure cooker for a few minutes. The top weight suddenly blew off and a fountain of hot apple purée hit the kitchen ceiling 8 feet up then spread itself generously in all directions before I could stop it. Three months later I am still finding pockets in all sorts of places. Memo to self — never try to pressure cook apples.

subaqua

What’s the point
Dave7 does remind me. I got a pile of cooking apples so prepped them then into the pressure cooker for a few minutes. The top weight suddenly blew off and a fountain of hot apple purée hit the kitchen ceiling 8 feet up then spread itself generously in all directions before I could stop it. Three months later I am still finding pockets in all sorts of places. Memo to self — never try to pressure cook apples.

Never had a problem doing apples in a pressure cooker. Sounds like operator error :whistle:

Mrs M

Guru
Oh dear.
Mrs D has just called me into the kitchen.
Unbelievable but the "mess" has somehow run inside the units and all over both shelves. Even the small dishes are full of a gungy mess of ground coffee and water.
I have been pushed outside while nice Mrs D cleans it all up.
You are in big trouble (and rightly so) :smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Could well be operator error as I used to have a wife who knew how to do such things. Sadly now dead. DaveT’s mess is probably not as sticky as apple purée.

Top Bottom