Oops great start might help if I post in the right bit lol......Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Aaaaargh i have just found the 100 miles a month challenge, didn't realise it meant 100 miles in one day!!!!! heck I best get pedalling will need 24 hours to complete it I reckon lol.

There's also the 50km/50mile ride a month and 100km ride a month challenges if you feel the 100mile ride a month is out of your reach.

Hyslop

Veteran
lol too seriously? I have logged 6727.1 miles since 3rd Feb 2013 when I decided it was time to start shifting some weight, Im still slower than an asthmatic ant going uphill with a backpack and boots on. I primarily ride for the enjoyment of it but it would be nice to be a bit quicker, my aim is to build myself up to the point i can comfortably do 80-100 miles in a day and still be fit enough to hold my pint at the of it lol. I dream of doing the LeJog before im 40 so yes im starting to think a little more seriously on training as time is ticking, ( I cant keep saying I'll do it next year Im running out of years!). No idea where to find the 100 mile challenge its hard enough finding me socks, and ill race you to the last track of "Oxygene" once Ive googled it to find out what it is lol.
I think youre doing OK,man after my own heart as it were!Oh yes,Oxygene-an album by Jean-Michel Jarre from some time back in fact(cant,off the top of my head remember the exact dates,must be circa late "80s).Its one of several albums I use on the turbo!:thumbsup:

runner

Guru
Hi, I am trying at the moment to average 80 miles a week, but will start to increase that from Feb when my rota at work changes and I should have more time to cycle, and hopefully the weather will start to improve lol. And yes the Turbo is boring but have found the GCN Hiit vids on youtube which help immensely.
Hi Nick and welcome and many congrats on all the weight loss! I can see that from your intro post that you love cycling it's funny when you have a bad cycle/run your first thought is....get me out of here this is hell...but on returning home and relaxing in a hot bath you come to the conclusion that it was not so bad really in fact it was bloody good^_^.....so lets do again next year. Like you I commute/cycle 80 miles per week (although today was such a brilliant day weather wise that I got out on my bike when kids were out the house and the wife was at work!) I shall be increasing my cycling at weekends this year in prepartation for my first sportive...bikebath...anyway welcome to our very active and informative community:welcome:

Top Bottom