Oowwiieee!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Ouch.

Slicing some veggies up for a stir-fry to go with the lemon, garlic & thyme pork...

I decided to slice the end of my left thumb.

Luckily I didn't slice it off.

But it smarts a bit.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:;):smile::biggrin:
I hate it when that happens...

I usually recommend the rapid application of a large glass of red-wine to numb the feeling of stupidity under such circumstance :biggrin:

Hope it's better now.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Ran the thumb under cold water for a few minutes to cleanse it. Stuck plaster on. I'll live. Haven't sliced anything not meant to be sliced for ages. Glad I don't do it very often!

SamNichols

I've got a beautiful scar on my left index finger where I cut through to the bone with a breadknife. I then proceeded to wander around me house for half an hour saying: 'look, you can see the bone. It's so beige.'

So, yeah, it hurts a bit, and I can empathise with it.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

I did that when I was a little kid. I used a carving knife to cut an orange in half. I managed to slice a finger to the bone (middle finger,left hand). I still have the scar. I too did the, "Oh look, you can see bone." bit. My parents didn't even check to see if I was okay!

yenrod

Maybe, Waffs', you could talk Mr fitarse of a hubby to take part in the cutting instead of you !

wafflycat said:
I did that when I was a little kid. I used a carving knife to cut an orange in half. I managed to slice a finger to the bone (middle finger,left hand). I still have the scar. I too did the, "Oh look, you can see bone." bit. My parents didn't even check to see if I was okay!

Pete

Blimey, Waffly! Is that third time, now? You want watching and no mistake!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I sliced the top off my thumb once. About five seconds after my mother said, "Be careful with that knife, Alan, it's very sharp". Oops.

CarnageAX

I sliced the top of my index finger off while making a bicycle clamp for my light on sunny evening and now my finger print on the tip of my finger does not line up with the rest of it.

Good job it was not chili you were chopping, ow.

Hope it stops throbbing soon, thats the worst bit.

Top Bottom