Open pro max tyre width

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tel

Veteran
What's the maximum width tyre you can fit to open pro's? The site quotes 28mm which is currently fitted but it looks like it can take much wider, I'd like to put at least a 35mm on...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll probably get away with it - talc the tubes up..you'll be sorted.

35mm what for though..... touring..?......that's huge........

OP
OP
T

Tel

Veteran
lol yeah I know :biggrin:

I've recently acquired an old cyclocross bike and the above wheels. I didn't think they'd fit as it's an old frame and I thought it would be 126mm spacing but they dropped in, so I reckon they were spaced for MTB hubs of the time....and checking the original spec on the net reveals that it had Deore DX hubs fitted.

Anyway I want to fit the open pro's but want to fit knobbly's on it, or at least something that can handle some tracks.

Cheers Fossy I'll get my order in :biggrin:

Just got these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schwalbe-CX-P...34.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301:1|293:1|294:30 which are "only" 30mm thanks to another post on here, I've really gotta start selling some stuff!

RedBike

Apparently the tyre profile will be wrong with anything over a 28mm tyre. However, i've run cyclo-x tyres on open-pros without any issues (as do loads of people).

I've also ridden a 29ner MTB spec'd with CPX33 rims (same width as open pros) and that had massive 1.9 or something tyres on.

Top Bottom