Open to Offas Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
If it helps and I'm able to do this ride, still checking yet, if you can get to Chester or somewhere North of Oswestry, assuming trains here, I can pick you up on my way past. There's probably other permutations as well.

Gobowen Station is just 7 miles away and they have frequent trains from Shrewsbury/MidWales etc. If need be, I could probably give TC a lift from Welshpool, if that's any help.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Thanks Gents. I'm house-sitting so it's a matter of sorting things with my holiday companions and suchlike, but I'll get back to you on your kind offers...

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I might be able to do this, or at least some of it. I will get busy on the logistics...

If it helps, you could stay at my pad on the Friday night; I've already warned Mrs Pub & the kids that a crazy woman or two, may stay over. (You & TMN ??).

Stop faffing about and get yourself organised.

Oh yes, have a word with Dell - I could show him the delights of country living . . . . . . . and he could finish off my supplies of the chip 'fizz' that I'm trying to get rid of. You might also summon User482 & SRW from their lairs, I think SRW has relations in Shropshire.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In my experience, once you start asking people what date and time they prefer, you end up creating a bigger problem than you started with! You get 3 dates and 4 start times, so you try and please the maximum number of people by settling for their preferences and then half of them don't turn up anyway! :thumbsup:

I might be up for this as its not to far away. What kind of speed do these Cycle Chat rides go at? 60 miles is a fair way for me, won't be able to average 20mph.

Doseone

Guru
Pubby I can't come:cry: I already don't have a free saturday in August. I would love to ride with you guys again, though.

Pubby I can't come:cry: I already don't have a free saturday in August. I would love to ride with you guys again, though.

Wot, none in August. I don't know whether to admire such planning or be disturbed by such a regimen. I barely know what I'm doing in 5 minutes time.

Doseone

Guru
Wot, none in August. I don't know whether to admire such planning or be disturbed by such a regimen. I barely know what I'm doing in 5 minutes time.

^_^ Its not quite as organised as it sounds. I work saturdays normally (I took the day off to come on the Llandovery ride), so because we are away in August that's a couple of Saturdays taken already, which means I cant really take any others off and we already have plans for the bank holiday weekend. I wish it was a busy social life but it's not that exciting unfortunately!

Top Bottom