Operation is cancelled.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
phpDcGQgsAM.jpg
The operation to put straight this eye of mine planned for morrow is off,my fault i have got a chest infection,i have had a bit of a cold for eight days,i was hoping that dosing myself with over the counter drugs,i could beat it in time.
No such luck what a crap night last night i could not lay down cough cough cough,i woke the household,so this morning i had to ring in 'sick' they were very good and told me to get proper medical treatment,so down to the Docs i have a chest infection which will take ten days to clear he said.Oh well better to have told then,than try to blag my way through,might have caused some probs for the 'gas' man,had i started to choke with snot.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh bum. It will be sorted soon though.

Sara_H

Guru
Best plan to cancel. If you have an anaesthetic with a respiriatory tract infection you've got a much higher risk of pnumonia.
Gas men don't really mind other peoples snoe, it's just part of the job!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
As a royal male how, exactly, are you related to The Queen?
I bought most of the LP's

PaulB

Legendary Member
I know how you feel; I had an operation cancelled today and it has not left anyone feeling anything but depressed. And do you know who's fault this cancellation was? A cooking furrier's (Sp)! I won't mention WHICH couriers but let's just say a series of initials had us all speculating on what they may stand for. This is a patient with a very serious condition for which we measured, designed and manufactured a special, one-off device to treat, sterilised it and placed in in the trustworthy hands of a courier to deliver to the necessary hospital....and it didn't arrive! The only surgeon and Radiologist who could operate on this patient can only work together one day a week (today) and we (me) were to be there in an advisory capacity (I oversee these implants every day, they do maybe four a year so need a bit of guidance). To wait and wait and wait and get no reliable information from the couriers was intensely frustrating. We saw the window of operative opportunity on this poor patient close down as more cases were operated on while this patient's chances diminished hour by hour. Eventually, no anaesthetic cover meant even if the device did arrive - it didn't - the operation couldn't go ahead. So very, very sad for all concerned. I can honestly see this mess resulting in this patient's death.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I know how you feel; I had an operation cancelled today and it has not left anyone feeling anything but depressed. And do you know who's fault this cancellation was? A cooking furrier's (Sp)! I won't mention WHICH couriers but let's just say a series of initials had us all speculating on what they may stand for. This is a patient with a very serious condition for which we measured, designed and manufactured a special, one-off device to treat, sterilised it and placed in in the trustworthy hands of a courier to deliver to the necessary hospital....and it didn't arrive! The only surgeon and Radiologist who could operate on this patient can only work together one day a week (today) and we (me) were to be there in an advisory capacity (I oversee these implants every day, they do maybe four a year so need a bit of guidance). To wait and wait and wait and get no reliable information from the couriers was intensely frustrating. We saw the window of operative opportunity on this poor patient close down as more cases were operated on while this patient's chances diminished hour by hour. Eventually, no anaesthetic cover meant even if the device did arrive - it didn't - the operation couldn't go ahead. So very, very sad for all concerned. I can honestly see this mess resulting in this patient's death.
It's not that words fail me, it's that there aren't any.

Top Bottom