Ophelia Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well, hurricane Ophelia has now been downgraded to tropical storm status, but is still packing a punch. It looks like Ireland and the west coast of Blighty and Scotland will cop it.

However, here in the countryside in Poshshire its as calm as a millpond, and already quite bright and warm.

So how are you surviving?

Well must admit i did feel a bit of wind on my ride in this morning , but once i had done the first 300 metres and got top gear selected i didnt hear the wind exit my backside vent hole :laugh:

Looks like a large dose of #5 and #9 is in order this week.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looked very ominous at 09:00.......strange coloured sky and quite windy but it seems to be getting brighter now (10:30).
The last 2 strong winds we had cost me lots of tiles & lots of money.........so here's hoping my roof survives today :rain:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Ophelia was the name of our first cat, seems strange to hear her name said so often in the last day or so.

Very grey, wet and breezy in Central Scotland just now - balmy 8 degrees though ^_^

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Lovely sunny day with a light breeze here so far. Washing out on the line. Light cloud is building towards the west though.

tyred

Legendary Member
I arrived at work at work at 8:30 and got sent home again. Nothing of note so far apart from it being very, very dark but my flat is in a very sheltered location.

Mr Dylan tells me that Ophelia is 22 and beneath the window and for her I should feel afraid but I think she's be okay as she wears an iron vest.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
A bit dark in the centre of Manchester, but us Mancs get used to that anyway.
Looking forward to the ride home. A brisk South Westerly could be fun in places.:smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Well, since you asked, it's picking up nicely. Had a stiff easterly on the way in this morning gusting to about 27mph, it's turned now to a southerly and is gusting up to 60mph so far, which would have made my route this morning FABULOUS!!! It just got here too late for me :sad:

Top Bottom