Ophelia Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, since you asked, it's picking up nicely. Had a stiff easterly on the way in this morning gusting to about 27mph, it's turned now to a southerly and is gusting up to 60mph so far, which would have made my route this morning FABULOUS!!! It just got here too late for me :sad:
Think of the return journey though! Look at the positives, if you happen to be on Strava.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just had a look on Ventusky for 10pm tonight... 80mph gusts hitting the Irish Sea and Morecambe Bay, to coincide with the high tide.... whilst almost all of southern Europe looks earily calm... https://www.ventusky.com/?p=51.6;4.3;4&l=gust

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I don’t understand the “excitement” surrounding this storm. Yesterday my wife asked me “Do you think we should do anything to prepare?” I replied we’ve been together nearly 40 years and never done before.

This morning she keeps giving me updates from Twitter. I may have to go out...........

A bit grey and windy in Chorley

midlife

Guru
Dark and funny coloured sky here in Carlisle.................but not a breath of wind

Last edited:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I was listening to RTE Radio 1 on 252 kHz long wave earlier and they're running a non-stop Ophelia news programme.
One story they just covered is that some windsurfers have just had to be rescued off the Co. Louth coast - how dumb must you be to windsurf in that?!

The transmitter mast for RTE Radio 1 is about 750ft high so I expect it's getting a proper battering - I'd be surprised if the station stays on air for much longer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

One story they just covered is that some windsurfers have just had to be rescued off the Co. Louth coast - how dumb must you be to windsurf in that?!
Couple of years ago there was supposed to be a Tsunami hitting Hawaii the boss & his wife were there at the time, the hotel had evacuated the lower 4 floors in preparation. It was a Sunday morning UK time & I was chatting to them on Google & found a live feed from the local TV station, there were people drinking beer on the beach & jetty's waiting for it to arrive.

Top Bottom