Opinion - Genesis zeal 20 mgt carbon 105

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fast3000

Hi folks. First post on here and looking to get into road bikes. I am after opinions of
The Genesis zeal 20 mgt carbon 105. Theres not a lot I could find over the interweb but generally the Genesis brand seems well received. I also had my heart set on a BTwin Triban 540 from decalthlaon. A fair bit cheaper but great value and reviews. Thoughts please.
icon_smile.gif

I have no experience of either bike but first thing first do you want carbon or aluminium as they are different frame materials, what would you use the bike for , do you need to fit mudguards etc...

Drago

Legendary Member
Genesisisis' carbon frames come from a different manufacturer (and country!) than their metal frames, so drawing any kind of inference from the rest of the range is stretching logic beyond its limits.

Go try one and see, that's the only way you can make any kind of sensible judgement as to whether you'll find it better to ride than the Triban you hankered after. Good luck.

Slick

Guru
Unfortunately no specific knowledge on the particular model but I have 2 Genesis, one steel and one carbon and I love them both in equal measure for different reasons. The geometry will need checking as it can vary quite a bit from other manufacturers but they are quality machines that in my humble opinion and experience, is well worth the few extra quid. Maybe check the wheelset as I did have to swap them out on the steel bike but I was pretty sure on them.

Top Bottom