Oppps, i made a mistake and feel awful about it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
I was in town today and the shop fronted narrow pathway was solid with shoppers going about there daily business. Behind me I could hear a bike bell ringing away and instantly thought" why doesn't he/she ride on the road" There was no way the cyclist would of been able to navigate through the amount of people about. The bell though just kept on ringing and as I'm feeling a little under the weather with a touch of man flu my usual quiet natural got the better of me..
I turned round and said loudly " why don't you get on the bloody road you idiot". I got no reaction from him but a few moments later when it opened up into a presdesianised bit he went past closely followed by his young boy of around 4/5 years of age on his tiny bike. ( no stabilisers either , well impressed)
The little one was that small I never saw him hidden away behind his dad when he was ringing his bell. I felt a right heel as they went past and the dirty look I got off dad.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still a silly place to ride.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Still a silly place to ride.
Your right Fossyant.
I don't think I would be to comfortable taking such a young little one through a busy street on his bike. I would be to worried about him wobbling off the pavement into the road. If I would known he was there I would of moved over no doubt, but I thought it was the bloke just trying to barge his way through.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I wouldn't feel bad about it. He was at fault, not you. No way he should be using a bell. If he's planned badly enough to be bringing a kid through there, he should know to adapt their behaviour to the pedestrians, not expect everyone else to organise themselves around them. You should have clipped the kid round the ear for good measure.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
In a hurry at the Post Office there seemed to be multiple queues. When a window became free I saw the person whose turn it was hesitate so I shot past him and took the place. It was only as I was conducting my business with the teller that it sank in.

And I got a cold, cold feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The guy I'd barged past, the guy with a stick and dark glasses.

I still feel sick that I queue jumped a blind guy.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Hi.
I was in town today and the shop fronted narrow pathway was solid with shoppers going about there daily business. Behind me I could hear a bike bell ringing away and instantly thought" why doesn't he/she ride on the road" There was no way the cyclist would of been able to navigate through the amount of people about. The bell though just kept on ringing and as I'm feeling a little under the weather with a touch of man flu my usual quiet natural got the better of me..
I turned round and said loudly " why don't you get on the bloody road you idiot". I got no reaction from him but a few moments later when it opened up into a presdesianised bit he went past closely followed by his young boy of around 4/5 years of age on his tiny bike. ( no stabilisers either , well impressed)
The little one was that small I never saw him hidden away behind his dad when he was ringing his bell. I felt a right heel as they went past and the dirty look I got off dad.
Dad still shouldn't have been riding on the pavement...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I could hear someone shuffling behind me in the supermarket once. It was a really annoying sound like someone was dragging their feet along the floor. I thought it was my daughter. I turned round and said, "for goodness sake, pick your dam feet up. Stop making that horrible sound", only to find a middle aged woman right behind me. She looked horrified and very embarassed and practically ran away in the oposite direction. Mr WD thought it was hilarious. Oops.. :blush:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Your right Fossyant.
I don't think I would be to comfortable taking such a young little one through a busy street on his bike. I would be to worried about him wobbling off the pavement into the road. If I would known he was there I would of moved over no doubt, but I thought it was the bloke just trying to barge his way through.

There are 5 year olds in Denmark who are very adept at riding a bike. Some are quite stunning on the BMX park.

Top Bottom