Optical illusions - 3D objects in flat pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
^_^ Not quite, but I can see how you might think that. Have another go ... :smile:

That's weird! :wacko: And no, it's not a sailboat :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
30 minutes of looking later & my head hurts, but no hidden image. :wacko:

Anyone with MS paint skils care to draw a rough outline of what I should see?
Charizard-Pokemon-3D-Stereogram-590x452.jpg

johnnyb47

Guru
We've been playing with these in the office this morning (and doing lots of important and profitable work too [in case the boss sees this ;)]).

There's a 3D picture inside this flat image. To see it, first get yourself really close-up - maybe with your nose just an inch away from the screen, so that it is completely out of focus. Relax your eyes (don't try to focus) and very, very slowly move away from the picture - all the while, relaxing your eyes and not trying to focus on the image. As you slowly, slowly draw back from the image you should see a 3D object emerging (although on a small office-based sample of people it seems that not everyone can see them):

View attachment 343808

I'll tell you what it is later if you can't see it!
It's one of those "Where's wally pictures, I'll find him if it takes me all night :-))

Globalti

Legendary Member
The OP's picture looks like that dragon to me.

The trick is to stare at the picture and allow your gaze to go out of focus as if you are looking at something far away. Your eyes will then diverge and settle on neighbouring images rather than the same image. With practice you can then coax your eyes to re-focus while staying aligned for long distance and then the brain constructs a 3d image from the two very slightly different parts of the picture. With practice it only takes 30 seconds or so. Moving gently backwards and forwards can help to resolve the image.

Last edited:
Top Bottom