optilabs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i am thinking of getting the optilabs switch sunglasses and was wondering if anyone has tried them and what they like.

also is it worth getting the extra thin lenses option.
my prescription in +3.75 with astigmatism.

Never tried them myself (I wear disposable contacts when cycling) but Optilabs have got a good rep :-)

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I got some earlier this summer with varifocal inserts to my prescription. I hadn't realised that they come with an insert, which makes you look a little weird when wearing them but I can now see things properly. The downside is the field of vision is quite limited so when looking over my shoulder I have to turn my head round more. The clarity of my glasses is better, but they are glass as opposed to plastic, but the Optilabs are fine for cycling and driving.

My prescription is higher than yours with astigmatism and I chose the normal lens option. To be honest, I have never been more amazed with a purchase. They are fantastic beyond belief.

vickster

Legendary Member
I splashed out on direct glazed oakleys. I looked at the optilabs offering in store and didn't like any of their frames, and the insert option is weird as you can feel them with your eyes!

Once I'd priced up the same lens option at optilabs (transition, direct glaze) there was under a £50 difference (I had a £50 off voucher for the oakleys from rx sport)

Nocode

I've just bought a pair of Optilabs glasses (after hearing very positive things about them from people here). I went for the 'Flow' (in black) frame with single vision prescription photochromic lenses (grey). They arrived today (I placed the order a week yesterday) and have literally only worn them outside on my lunch break for 5 minutes.

So far with my very very limited use I'm happy - but will obviously be testing them on my ride home tonight and then more so next week. I bought them because I've typically worn prescription 'sport' sunglasses during Spring and Summer but have had to forgo them in the darker months of the year and wear my normal glasses. However, I got fed-up with either my normal glasses getting scratched, or simply not providing adequate protection when it's windy/cold etc.

Hopefully I'll be happy with these new Optilabs glasses and can wear them all year ronud no matter whether it's sunny or dark/gloomy! Will report back after some more usage, but happy with the service/delivery and initial impressions.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Optilabs are great.
I'm on my second pair in 8 years. They are well made, long lasting glasses.
I have single vision, transition lenses. They change very quickly between clear and dark. So much so that it's hardly noticeable.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I got Optilabs transitions sunglasses 2 years ago and they have served me very well, although the rubber nose bridge has just split - but this doesn't seem to affect the wearing of them. I was very local to their showroom when I bought mine so was able to go in one lunchtime and have a good look and chat before ordering. I would recommend.

Nocode

Optilabs are great.
I'm on my second pair in 8 years. They are well made, long lasting glasses.
I have single vision, transition lenses. They change very quickly between clear and dark. So much so that it's hardly noticeable.
Yep, that's what I went for. I was impressed with them when I nipped-out earlier.

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
i ordered the switch with the extra thin lenses on Monday evening.
thank you all for your comments it is the first time i have ordered glasses outside my highstreet opticians

Top Bottom