optilabs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
I would use my regular specs but I find I get loads of draft on my eyes and they water like crazy, and on my old specs I have had a few stone bounce off the polycarb lenses, I'm not convinced regular specs would stand up well against that.

I can't decide over glazed or adapters, I like the ability to change the lens type on the adaptor frames.

vickster

Legendary Member
You might want to check they’re open.

I have to say when I visited a few years ago, their direct glazed cycling glasses were really ugly frame-wise and actually once all the extras added, not much cheaper than Oakleys from an online sports glasses optician

Tenkaykev

Guru
You might want to check they’re open.

I have to say when I visited a few years ago, their direct glazed cycling glasses were really ugly frame-wise and actually once all the extras added, not much cheaper than Oakleys from an online sports glasses optician

Thinking back it must be close on 14 years ago when I was doing a lot of running I splashed out on a pair of prescription Oaklys, I think the style was called " Full Jacket"

IIRC they cost the best part of £200 back then.
They were brilliant, no distortion even when looking towards the side of the (curved) lenses.
I put them down once and then absent mindedly sat on them, thought they were broken then realised they were modular and was able to snap everything back into place.
I've still got them and they're still usable even though my prescription has changed a fair bit.

YellowV2

Veteran
I agree with Vickster, I find their frames fugly and you can't have prescription lenses in half frames (you have to have clip ins) which you can with Oakley's. The half frame Oakley's also allow you to have more than one set of lenses if you so wish as they clip in and out.
Once lenses are specced at Optilabs not much difference in price to the Oakley's either from an online sports glass retailer.

Mike_P

Guru
I have a pair of a couple of years and they are fine, the prescription insert does not impair my vision and needing a change to it I did find their pricing slightly expensive so went for the even more expensive replacement insert with lens rather than sending the original insert back. Allowed to carry on using them until the new insert arrived and in the future the option of sending one of the inserts elsewhere for a change of lens.

Top Bottom