Orange Chop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I've seen this guy around a few times, it's usually been in heavy traffic when he's on the opposite carriageway, but today I spied him in Saltaire, so at long last I could ask how much the bleedin thing weighs. ^_^

gsxr1.jpg
gsxr3.jpg

gsxr12.jpg
gsxr9.jpg

About 35kg.
He is lovely bloke but clearly bonkers, made it all himself and it's very impressive.

F1fan

Very nice :smile:. Clever bloke

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I've seen this guy around a few times, it's usually been in heavy traffic when he's on the opposite carriageway, but today I spied him in Saltaire, so at long last I could ask how much the bleedin thing weighs. ^_^

gsxr1.jpg
gsxr3.jpg

gsxr12.jpg
gsxr9.jpg

About 35kg.
He is lovely bloke but clearly bonkers, made it all himself and it's very impressive.
Doesn't matter if your chain is slack on that its still cool :becool:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I used to build choppers. Here is one of the early ones from back in '78.
DSC01695a.JPG

Here is a later one from around '80 using drop bars.
Bike02.jpg

I was only 14 when stopped building them.
Maybe it is time I started up again.:unsure:
:thumbsup:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
30 kg of that is probably that back wheel and tyre. I'd hate to try to get that up a hill - though it does have gears. Do you have a better picture of the drivetrain and how that works?

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
What a pity it's made from square section tubing, round would have looked much nicer.

I originally thought that, but up close I liked it, it's industrial/utalitarian, macho! ^_^

30 kg of that is probably that back wheel and tyre. I'd hate to try to get that up a hill - though it does have gears. Do you have a better picture of the drivetrain and how that works?

It's a stock Suzuki GSXR wheel, so about 8kg, I don't know the tyre weight. The reason the weight intrigued me was because I always used to see him slogging up a 1mile long hill! The only pics are on his site, where I nicked them from.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Looks like it has a number of gears on the right side of the jack shaft that takes the drive to the left side of the wheel.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I've seen this guy around ..... so at long last I could ask how much the bleedin thing weighs. ^_^
It doesn't matter what it weighs, it's still damn cool. That's the right colour.

What would be really cool would be if he can pop a wheelie as he sets off from the lights!!!!!! :becool:

Top Bottom