Orange P7 - Just musing....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kyuss

Veteran
Have you thought about a Genesis Altitude? I've read good things about them and they're well equipped for the money. British designed too since that's important. Start at about £600 for the basic 520 framed version rising to about £1000 for the entry level 853. In fact, if you can get away with a 19" frame there's a 2008 725 Altitude 10 here for under £600. A proper bargain.

rnscotch

Veteran
The orange P7 is a gorgeous bike, The only other alternative i have fancied to the P7 is a Pipedream

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I'm riding a Dialled bikes Love/hate at the moment and tis lovely. Check the prince albert if you want something with longer forks.
But fro value there really is only one choice. and thats an on-one. common as muck though

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I like the Altitude, very nice. Dialled are just frames aren't they Steve. You have to build it up?

Also, not knowing a great deal on mtn biking, what's the advantage of the longer forks. Is it better at the technical stuff? If so, it's probably OTT for me and not something I need.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
yep, dialled bikes are frame only, but then you get to spec the parts you want :evil:

Longer forks are great if you want to more travel for bigger things to hit. tbh, 100mm will be fine for most xc riding. anything bigger will be better for some of the DH trails about

Mr Pig

I have a Genesis Altitude 00, the entry bike, and it's a very comfy bike both in terms of ride and geometry. The 2009 bikes are little changed over the 2008 ones, except for a price hike, so you might be able to pick up a bargain. Put it this way, if I needed to buy a new bike, say if my bike was stolen, I'd buy another Altitude.

I don't agree about steel and aluminium being much of a muchness, I think steel feels more natural and comfortable.

Steve Austin said:
yep, dialled bikes are frame only, but then you get to spec the parts you want :evil:

Longer forks are great if you want to more travel for bigger things to hit. tbh, 100mm will be fine for most xc riding. anything bigger will be better for some of the DH trails about

Yarp my other half has a dialled bikes alpine which is their slack head angle burly hardtail and it climbs like an arse...but goes like stink on the descents.

Top Bottom