Orbea Avant H40 - lack of reviews, anyone got one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I wouldn't be concerned about the EU/UK brake thing. You get used to it quickly, and unless it invalidates an insurance policy (I have no idea why it would, but it may be worth considering), who's going to know (or care) other than you?

Looks a good bike for the price, better spec the cheapest from Giant or Specialized and the Canyon is a bit of a different beast as it's got discs.

If getting a test ride is important, go with somewhere that has stuff in your size. This may not be easy.

Sharky

Guru
You mean the front brake is on the left?

Although you can get used to it, it could be dangerous. The U.K. convention allows the rider to be signalling right and at the same time gentle braking with the left/rear brake. Doing this type of manoeuvre using the left hand /front brake can easily lock the front wheel and the rider goes over the bars.

How do I know? You can imagine!

To switch back to uk, only need to recable the brakes and re tape the bars, so not a massive job.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Are you sure your size is available? Getting s test ride currently may not be possible.
Swapping the brakes to UK style is easy.

Stealthrider1

I have a h30 , 2020 model had it a few weeks as a warranty replacement for my 2015 model Avant, it's awesome, what info do you need to know?

Stealthrider1

Here's the frame before I built it,
IMG_20200702_202703_203.jpg

Top Bottom