Orbea Gain IWOC Blue Tooth issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Thanks for your research NickWi. I think I've seen those pages. The error codes appear to be the ones relating to the bike's mal-function:
'REMEMBERIf there is any error, the iWoc® will show you by flashing the RGB LED in RED colour flashing. Please connect your smartphone and open ebikemotion® APP to get a detailed description about the error.'
My problem has been in not being able to connect the phone to the bike in the first place, otherwise the iWoc function and the bike operation has been fine.
Anyway I finally did manage to connect to the bike yesterday. After trawling the internet I found a suggestion that I put the phone into aeroplane mode briefly, then unpair the device, and start over again. And it connected! I now need a test run to see whether the connection holds and how the app behaves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

I was not impressed that I never had a reply to my emails regarding error messages and other problems with the app, but there was another update a couple of days ago which seems to have resolved many of the issues I was complaining about. The BT connection is now fast and more reliable (though it has dropped out during rides). The gradient information on screen has gone, replaced by a 'pace' (km/min) reading, and recorded ride distance is now pretty accurate, and uploads as such. So - 'fingers crossed' - it appears it was not a problem with the bike, or with my phone/s. A little more communication by Ebikemotion with users would be welcome.

Rosie 5678

Hi,
I've just bought a d50 and I'm experiencing problems with the app. It appears not to record the ride when it loses an internet signal. It comes up that the ride was interrupted. Most of where I ride us without phone signal so it's a rather pointless app for me

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

Hi,
I've just bought a d50 and I'm experiencing problems with the app. It appears not to record the ride when it loses an internet signal. It comes up that the ride was interrupted. Most of where I ride us without phone signal so it's a rather pointless app for me
I had a lot of hassle with the app earlier on, but now it works pretty well, remaining connected during the duration of the ride. It was dropping out a lot and once that happened it wouldn't upload that part of the ride (in spite of offering to!). I think it was more a GPS problem than the internet or phone signal. Check your GPS on the phone. I also link with bike before every ride, I don't think it is actually paired - the app certainly doesn't automatically recognise the bike. Good luck. It is a lot more reliable than it used to be!
- though I had a problem recently in trying to renew my 3.99 map subscription - it didn't download after I'd paid for it. Foolishly I tried again and the same happened. EBM haven't answered my emails and pay-pal decided I had no case so I'm 7.98 out of pocket - beware when your annual map sub needs renewal :angry:

Rosie 5678

I had a lot of hassle with the app earlier on, but now it works pretty well, remaining connected during the duration of the ride. It was dropping out a lot and once that happened it wouldn't upload that part of the ride (in spite of offering to!). I think it was more a GPS problem than the internet or phone signal. Check your GPS on the phone. I also link with bike before every ride, I don't think it is actually paired - the app certainly doesn't automatically recognise the bike. Good luck. It is a lot more reliable than it used to be!
- though I had a problem recently in trying to renew my 3.99 map subscription - it didn't download after I'd paid for it. Foolishly I tried again and the same happened. EBM haven't answered my emails and pay-pal decided I had no case so I'm 7.98 out of pocket - beware when your annual map sub needs renewal :angry:
Thank you for your comments. I have experienced problems with downloading the maps and I was charged for them but they wouldn't upload. I did manage to get in touch with them and they responded fairly quickly (a matter of hours) and they issued a refund. To be honest, I'm not sure if I will try and bother with the app as I kind of know where I'm going and I have a Garmin watch but it would be nice to have some sort of device that would record my total mileage for the bike. I'm quite interested in seeing how many miles I do in a year. Mind if this weather continues it will be a big fat zero 😅

Top Bottom