Ordered my N+1 today :)

philinmerthyr

Über Member
image.jpg
After considering Lapierre, Trek Domane 4.3 and a new Roubaix I finaly bit the bullet and paid a deposit on my N+1 today.

I went for the new Giant Defy Advanced 2. Carbon frame, 11 speed 105 and disc brakes. Reviews are superb and it's great value at £1,400. 13 week wait for a new ordered bike but luckily Don Skene in Cardiff were expecting one in the next week or 2. I expect it will stay in the back bedroom for a few weeks until the weather improves.

My trustee Roubaix that has seen me through the last 3 years will now be my winter/wet weather bike. A great choice to have.

image.jpg

Last edited:

SWSteve

Veteran
It looks good, Giant are pumping out some fantastic looking bikes at the moment

OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
First ride on the Defy today. It's a great bike. The 11 speed 105 was very smooth stopping is much easier with the disc breaks. The medium was a great fit once I got the seat adjusted to the right level. Adjusting the seat is fiddly with the D shaped seat post but it is a very comfortable ride. Today was a short ride to get the set up right. With the weather I'll be on the Roubaix for a few weeks and keep the defy for sunny days.

I did get the bike shop to change the cassette to a 32 which also needed a change of rear mech to medium cage but they did it very cheap and for a big bloke a 34/32 easiest ratio is a huge bonus.

I love this bike. I'D recommend it to anyone. The only thing I plan to change is the bar tape. I just won't keep the White bars clean.

image.jpg

jowwy

Guru
First ride on the Defy today. It's a great bike. The 11 speed 105 was very smooth stopping is much easier with the disc breaks. The medium was a great fit once I got the seat adjusted to the right level. Adjusting the seat is fiddly with the D shaped seat post but it is a very comfortable ride. Today was a short ride to get the set up right. With the weather I'll be on the Roubaix for a few weeks and keep the defy for sunny days.

I did get the bike shop to change the cassette to a 32 which also needed a change of rear mech to medium cage but they did it very cheap and for a big bloke a 34/32 easiest ratio is a huge bonus.

I love this bike. I'D recommend it to anyone. The only thing I plan to change is the bar tape. I just won't keep the White bars clean.

View attachment 78194
What calipers does it run phil

Top Bottom