Ordered my N+1 today :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
image.jpg
After considering Lapierre, Trek Domane 4.3 and a new Roubaix I finaly bit the bullet and paid a deposit on my N+1 today.

I went for the new Giant Defy Advanced 2. Carbon frame, 11 speed 105 and disc brakes. Reviews are superb and it's great value at £1,400. 13 week wait for a new ordered bike but luckily Don Skene in Cardiff were expecting one in the next week or 2. I expect it will stay in the back bedroom for a few weeks until the weather improves.

My trustee Roubaix that has seen me through the last 3 years will now be my winter/wet weather bike. A great choice to have.

image.jpg

Last edited:

SWSteve

Guru
It looks good, Giant are pumping out some fantastic looking bikes at the moment

Maylian

Veteran
Would love to know your opinion when you get out on it, was thinking of replacing my old defy commuter with this

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
First ride on the Defy today. It's a great bike. The 11 speed 105 was very smooth stopping is much easier with the disc breaks. The medium was a great fit once I got the seat adjusted to the right level. Adjusting the seat is fiddly with the D shaped seat post but it is a very comfortable ride. Today was a short ride to get the set up right. With the weather I'll be on the Roubaix for a few weeks and keep the defy for sunny days.

I did get the bike shop to change the cassette to a 32 which also needed a change of rear mech to medium cage but they did it very cheap and for a big bloke a 34/32 easiest ratio is a huge bonus.

I love this bike. I'D recommend it to anyone. The only thing I plan to change is the bar tape. I just won't keep the White bars clean.

image.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
First ride on the Defy today. It's a great bike. The 11 speed 105 was very smooth stopping is much easier with the disc breaks. The medium was a great fit once I got the seat adjusted to the right level. Adjusting the seat is fiddly with the D shaped seat post but it is a very comfortable ride. Today was a short ride to get the set up right. With the weather I'll be on the Roubaix for a few weeks and keep the defy for sunny days.

I did get the bike shop to change the cassette to a 32 which also needed a change of rear mech to medium cage but they did it very cheap and for a big bloke a 34/32 easiest ratio is a huge bonus.

I love this bike. I'D recommend it to anyone. The only thing I plan to change is the bar tape. I just won't keep the White bars clean.

View attachment 78194
What calipers does it run phil

Top Bottom