Organised Day Trips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Greetings! The good lady and I have agreed to take over the task of organising day trips for the Canterbury section of the U3A. We normally have four such "jollies" per year.
Any suggestions of where we could go? The old chestnuts are well-known but I have found that local knowledge can turn up a few gems.
All banal replies will be ignored.
Thank you.

TVC

Daft question to start, what is U3A?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Daft question to start, what is U3A?

Google it. It just might open a whole new world!
I just did and Google was clever enough to work out where I am and presented THIS, high in the results!

They don't seem to be publicising themselves very well because I have lived here for a year and a half and that is the first time I have heard of them.

OP
OP
HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental

Veteran
It's a bit rude to expect people able and willing to help to use google before understanding you're after trips for older people. But even then some older people are really fit. But again, you're asking for help, so why be rude?
I suggested Google as it could explain the U3A far better than I. If my response was perceived as rude, then I apologise. Perhaps it would be best if my enquiry was ignored!

alicat

Legendary Member
How far afield do you want to go?

Three basic rules

1. Is there a theme "syllabus" or "agenda" for the group..... this may suggest a venue
2. Is there a locality where you are limited because of transport or the abilities of the members
3. Is there a budget?

OP
OP
HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental

Veteran
To be serious for a moment (not often I post that) how about the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge as a destination? Or see behind the scenes at the Marlowe Theatre?
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. We are from Canterbury. I am looking at suggestions for day trips away from the city.

Top Bottom