'Original' Humber.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A friend has acquired a Humber, probably 1950's unless you know better.
Original in all ways as far as he can tell. Brooks saddle, mudguards, pedals, lights, dynamo and even the pump!

IMG_20160420_214727.jpg

DSC_3684.jpg

IMG_20160420_214757.jpg

With a steering lock! Sadly, no key.

IMG_20160420_214556.jpg

Quick question. What is this? The wires go to the dynamo, so presumably some kind of battery or accumulator, possibly?

He's ridden it up and down the road a bit, but the tyres (original) are a bit perished so he didn't go far.

midlife

Guru
Time warp :smile:. Brilliant. The tube holds batteries / lead acid so that when you stop the lights still work :smile:

Shaun

shadaboot27

I would say the bike is late 40's, early 50's. If it has a 3 speed rear hub, there will be a 2 digit number stamped on it. This will be the date the bike was made, so long as the rear wheel is original, but by the looks of it the bike seems pretty original and complete. If your looking to sell it I would be interested.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks for that. I've let my friend know. Hopefully he will do a bit of restoration!

Depending on the top of the head tube badge 1936/early 1937

I need some help to identify this, bjellys

shadaboot27

Attachments

• $_57 (14).JPG
    $_57 (14).JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 98

shadaboot27

And here is an example of a 50's headset. As you can see it no longer has the notches. The Humber in the OP seems to have this type of headset.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom