orthotics and tibia/fibula mobilisation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gillelive

hi, not posted for a few months as I am still off the bike and it's getting me down (long story). Anyway I have just been fitted for orthotic insoles for slight foot pronataion and within just a few days I am feeling a big improvement which I was not expecting so soon, my next step is an osteopath on Friday and this is where I thought I would ask the great and the good on here - has anyone had any experience of having their tibia/fibula mobilised? It sounds painful and I am guessing it will be just a more severe form of physio, am I right?

col

Legendary Member
hi, not posted for a few months as I am still off the bike and it's getting me down (long story). Anyway I have just been fitted for orthotic insoles for slight foot pronataion and within just a few days I am feeling a big improvement which I was not expecting so soon, my next step is an osteopath on Friday and this is where I thought I would ask the great and the good on here - has anyone had any experience of having their tibia/fibula mobilised? It sounds painful and I am guessing it will be just a more severe form of physio, am I right?
A form of physio, but gentle. small movements and nothing that would hurt.

OP
OP
gillelive

gillelive

thanks for that, have been told I have some bone thickening on the tibia head and there is minimal movement between the tib and fib so some mobilisation is needed, I am hoping it does the job after everything I have tried over the past 10 months. This along with the shoe inserts may just be the job, fingers crossed.

col

Legendary Member
thanks for that, have been told I have some bone thickening on the tibia head and there is minimal movement between the tib and fib so some mobilisation is needed, I am hoping it does the job after everything I have tried over the past 10 months. This along with the shoe inserts may just be the job, fingers crossed.
Your in control, if they do something you dont like just tell them, they will listen. Ask them what you can do yourself, then you could do it often too.

Top Bottom