Ortlieb back Roller classic panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrC

I bought some grey ones from Wiggle a couple of days ago along with a rack. No stock until mid Jan so I'm still with the rucksack for a few weeks. I nearly didn't buy them because of that. One of the few times an impulse buy might have paid off...

MrC

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Today I passed a cyclist with an Ortlieb pannier though he had it slung over his shoulder and open at the top. Sticking out of the bag was the rear triangle of a frame:eek:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
saw these for the aforementioned 63 quid from Wiggle yesterday, went to buy them today....up to 84 quid and they've got way less stock and no orange ones. I snoozed, I loosed :sad:

The vaude ones are almost as good, the edinburgh bicycle coop ones are made by vaude, and the ebc ones are orange and cheap. see here.

They have a roll top closure like the ortliebs and though I've not seen them retrieved from a canal I have seen them on a mate's rack for two days of rough stuff in torrential rain in Scotland and everything was bone dry.

mattsr

Another option might be the Ortlieb Bike Shopper panniers. I have a pair and find them excellent. Completely waterproof, and they have two pockets on the inside. Also they are a doddle to clip on and off the bike, so you can, as the name suggests, carry them about as you shop. I keep mine locked to the rear rack the rest of the time just in case some low-life has the same idea!! :gun:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You might want to look at this site. I have used it 3/4 times and I have been very happy with the speed of delivery (2-3 days).

http://www.roseversand.com/search/find/?q=pannier&f[vendor]=ORTLIEB.

They are listed at €90 with around a £5 postage.
Interesting to compare the price of the Rose/Ortlieb Back Roller Classics with the additional Rose logo in a limited range of colours at €89.95 with that of the vanilla Ortlieb Back Roller Classics in all the usual colours at €109.95

I've used Rose a few times for bits and pieces and have always been happy.

Top Bottom