Ortlieb Back Roller Classics or front roller city's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Swift

Evening all

Who uses either of these? I was going to get a topeak rack bag but like the back roller classics. Anyone know what the fronts are like?

What racks do you use for these?

Mike!

Guru
Having had all three of the above you mention I am now down to using the Top Peak rack back with the Super tourist rack to clip it on to.

I started off with the Front rollers which are excellent but for me they were not quite big enough, I couldn't get an A4 file in and the clothing run at the start of the weeks commute was a real squeeze! I use the back Roller classics (which again are fantastic) for the beginning of week clothing run or any shopping trips. I have the top peak rack bag on pretty much all the time, it carries my tools, pump, innertubes, lock, wallet, keys, phone etc day to day. Yes the toppeak isn't waterproof but I keep the essentials inside plastic bags rather than buy the overpriced cover! Plus it has the drop down side pannier should i ever need extra space.

Guess it comes down to space and how much you need! One plus of the back rollers is the internal pocket, if they are the only panniers you have then using the pockets for keys etc makes finding them a whole lot easier than the fronts which only have the one compartment.

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

Thanks for your replies, just basic commuting so clothes, ipad and bike tools etc oh and my lunch... so the topeak wins?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've switched from a Topeak MTX to a pair of Front roller classics. Main advantage is the additional space you have with the Oriliebs, and of course the waterproofing.

chose the Classic over the City as it has a carrying strap and an internal pocket. The city doesn't. I also picked the pair up for £65. SJS had them at £64.99 recently, price matched at Evans and had them delivered to store for pickup. Saved £16 over the usual price of £81.

Top Bottom