Ortlieb repair diy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
My side pockets are showing their age, sewn up and serious glue will help to stop the thread pulling thro. Reluctant to buy new ones as the clip spacing may be different.

PXL_20230501_102533386.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They have certainly seen some serious touring action! :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My side pockets are showing their age, sewn up and serious glue will help to stop the thread pulling thro. Reluctant to buy new ones as the clip spacing may be different.

View attachment 687773

I think they have come to the end of the road.
Time for replacement.
I have a pair of Carradice super C's that are now in a similar condition, this will be their last year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Isn't the spacing of the clips usually adjustable?

Think it's the fastening clips - look similar to me.

cheys03

Veteran
I admire your dedication!
Often doesn’t make sense to do this level of fixing when factoring the cost of your time, but it sure is satisfying knowing you’ll get another few years yet

silva

Über Member
My bags look way worser than that.
The bottoms got mostly disattached near the frame so put reusable plastic bags in them to prevent smaller things falling through.
At some point I repaired that, I drilled 3 mm holes along the seams, every 15 mm or so, in both bottom and inner side, then with a bigger needle with thick nylon thread I sewed forth and back through the drilled holes. A knot at the end, but nylon is stiff, so to prevent the knot untangling, I used a cigarette lighter to ignite the ends so they burnt towards the knot then I blew the fire out and pushed the molten drop flat, as a stop to untangling.
And bingo, back in business.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I use my front rollers 3 days a week now - they must be over 10 years old, had a gap of a few years from commuting due to my broken back (the panniers stopped the bike from damage), but have been back in use for off road commutes now for 18 months. Patched up from previous use, but they are still waterproof and get my clothes and the work laptop into the city 3 days a week. They just work.

Top Bottom