Ortlieb strap snapped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
Foolishly didn't strap it up and it caught in my wheel.

What is the Best way to get it fixed? Am in the south Manchester area.

Attachments

• 20220423_173325.jpg
    20220423_173325.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 10

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Sewing machine and some spare strap which should be available from army surplus shop or similar. That is what I would do.

si_c

Guru
I think @Oldhippy has the answer. It may be quicker/easier to find a dressmakers/repair service which is able to do this for you. I had a strap for a backpack repaired ( they shortened it slightly by doubling up the damaged area) a while ago at the local place to me.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like you could get away with shortening the strap and finding a friendly old biddy with a sewing machine. Likely a synthetic material which you can seal the raw ends with a match.

OP
OP
U

united4ever

Über Member
Cheers, strap not easily removed. I shall look for a likely shop or an old biddy:tongue:.

cheys03

Veteran
Dental floss to sew it back up and Stormsure to seal. No need for it to look super pretty. Bonus recycling points if you use the dental floss first.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I think @Oldhippy has the answer. It may be quicker/easier to find a dressmakers/repair service which is able to do this for you. I had a strap for a backpack repaired ( they shortened it slightly by doubling up the damaged area) a while ago at the local place to me.

I went to a cobblers when I wanted a strap reattached to a Carradice saddlebag, on the grounds that their sewing machine would be up to the task.

Top Bottom