Oscar the cat...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Perhaps unlike his brother Foxtrot, Oscar can understand English but has now forgiven you.

TVC

Good news.

Our Rameses disappeared at the age of four. I assume he had a run in with one of the local foxes, though I always hoped that he had just wandered off too far and found a new family to serve his needs.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Do you speak German Pat?
Yes, I'm half German. I am fully aware of the German slang meaning for Mushi. ^_^
Nevertheless, that was the name my German mother gave to our first cat, many years ago, when the world was a better place.
I'm keeping the tradition. ;)

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Yes, I'm half German. I am fully aware of the German slang meaning for Mushi. ^_^
Nevertheless, that was the name my German mother gave to our first cat, many years ago, when the world was a better place.
I'm keeping the tradition. ;)
Mushi the pussy:giggle:

toroddf

I am not surprised by this story at all. A smart cat, the default setting for a cat, manipulates his/her environment to suit her/his needs. If that means dumping their servants, cat speak for human beings, and adopt a new set of servants, so be it.

Take it a the huge compliment it is that Oscar has returned. That means you have been housetrained and domesticated. Roll out the good food and the soft cushions. That is what the master of the house requires from his obediant servants. Otherwise, the old lady down the road maybe employed at it's loyal servant again.

OP
OP
Hover Fly

Hover Fly

Lazy so and so
Well, he has no fleas or ticks, paws seem quite normal with no signs of walking a distance and he is well-fed looking. I think we would have known if he had been living with someone local.
I'm guessing that, seeing as he is a contender for "World's friendliest cat" he has been purring and rubbing around someone and they haven't been able to resist picking him up and going off with him.

My mother worked at an Animal Sanctuary and they became involved with a "stray"

Cat was found by kids in their garden and as cats do managed to convince them it was starving, so they fed it.

Over a week or so the cat lived in their garden and the parents decided that it was a stray so took contacted the shelter, and after a couple of weeks adopted it via the shelter as it was not reported missing

Next thing was a visit from the Police as they had been accused of stealing the cat!

Sorted eventually, but a difficult one to call....

toroddf

I once lived in a small village where a cat had three set of "owners". The "owners" did not know about each others and the clever cat was only found out when it walked past them on a bus stop and the respective "owners" called out for the cat and claimed it. Big mistake by the cat.

Top Bottom