Ostentatious displays of wealth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Bren

pw2389 said:
And why not? If people are prepared to pay it then why not use it as an easy source of public funds? It's letting capitalism do some of the dirty work of raising public funds.

I agree completely; in economic terms, they're a form of price targeting and raise revenue from those who choose to buy them whilst having no impact at all on those who don't.

FWIW though, I too think they look daft.

Bren

John Ponting said:
Riding a full carbon professional replica through a town centre in full team lycra is a far bigger display of 'how big my dick is' than any car could ever be.

Sometimes quite literally, depending how tight the shorts are.:ohmy:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I think someone should start a fashion something like this...
The crotch area of your trousers is cut away, and you wear no skidders and a glass cricket box. Your wallet hangs on a gold chain from your belt loop. Bagsy not first though...my wallet isn't big enough. :ohmy:

SLightly OT...

In the 70's when tight jeans stuffed with rolled up socks were de rigeur.......

We used to put socks down both jeans and watch the looks as people tried to work out how you could be so well endowed - TWICE!

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Cunobelin said:
SLightly OT...

In the 70's when tight jeans stuffed with rolled up socks were de rigeur.......

We used to put socks down both jeans and watch the looks as people tried to work out how you could be so well endowed - TWICE!

A friend of mine on Bondi Beach was complaining that, although the beach was crowded, none of the girls were interested in him. I told him about the sock trick.
The following morning as I walked on the crowded beach, I saw him sitting alone and no-one within 50 yards of him. As he stood up to greet me, I could see the problem - "Trevor, you're supposed to put the socks in the front, not the back!"

Top Bottom