OT: Mac users - a question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Melvil

Erm, not really bothered about that tired old horse, the pc vs mac debate, but thanks for the firefox startup tips - worked a treat!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Melvil said:
Erm, not really bothered about that tired old horse, the pc vs mac debate, but thanks for the firefox startup tips - worked a treat!

quite right. back in the days when we had system 6/7 and the pc brigade were still running dos and early versions of windoze, we could look down on the poor misguided fools. these days windoze has caught up enough for the argument to be as pointless as the more on-topic shimano/campag flame war that cycling forums occasionally generate…

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
See!! I've even turned you!!

Macs are rubbish. They're made by orphaned legless Taiwanese midgets on 20p a week, they pollute the atmosphere more than Chris Eubank's truck, and the chemicals on the keyboard induce the menopause. In men.

i await the response from apple's legal department with interest :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
In recent studies, scientists discovered that the average Mac user was typically thirty five percent lower down the IQ scale than the average PC user while they were more likely to be influenced by the aesthetics of their machine rather than actual performance.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
At least when I speak, the words come out when I move my mouth!:biggrin:

That's not a my little pony! It's a replica Trojan Horse made entirely from the serrated tear off strips from the top of 6 pint milk bottles!:biggrin:

I'll have you know, btw fwiw.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
domtyler said:
In recent studies, scientists discovered that the average Mac user was typically thirty five percent lower down the IQ scale than the average PC user while they were more likely to be influenced by the aesthetics of their machine rather than actual performance.

Ahh, but we hear you're like that about women.:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
Ahh, but we hear you're like that about women.:biggrin:

Not at all old bean, given the choice of a shapely woman with long blonde hair, large perky breasts and a cheeky little pink vulva or one with a drab appearance and a PhD in astrophysics what would you go for? There's just no competition is there?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
domtyler said:
Not at all old bean, given the choice of a shapely woman with long blonde hair, large perky breasts and a cheeky little pink vulva or one with a drab appearance and a PhD in astrophysics what would you go for? There's just no competition is there?

Well, not if you have first dibs dear boy.:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
domtyler said:

recent studies eh? i'll take the lack of reference or link to mean that this falls into the bonjean category of academic research, or utter bollocks as it is known to the layman…

yenrod

I've got a friend and he had a regular comp. - but gave the whole set-up to his sister and bought himself a Mac.

Never looked back since.

Though he did manage to lock himself out of the dam thing once which as a good story.

But that could happen with any laptop.

Carwash

Señor Member
domtyler said:

Oh good grief, where to begin with this mess? Apart from it being pulled from your arse, of course. How about "false dichotomy" for starters?

domtyler said:

Don't much like the look of yours, Dom. :biggrin:

Top Bottom