OT techie query: Vista

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
redfox said:
Just tested this in Vista and it is no different to XP in respect to DOS windows.

You can create shortcuts to programs that open full screen or choose one of the many font sizes that make your windowed app much bigger than normal.

No it is different. Your picture shows a maximized Window, if you press Alt + Enter in XP/2K/98/95 then Windows disappears and you are left with a 256 colour terminal screen.

redfox

domtyler said:
No it is different. Your picture shows a maximized Window, if you press Alt + Enter in XP/2K/98/95 then Windows disappears and you are left with a 256 colour terminal screen.

No its the same, my picture just demonstrated a large dos window as an alternative. If you press alt enter (or tick the full screen box in your shortcut) you get the traditional 80*25 DOS full window display.

I didn't bother showing a thumbnail of that cos there would have been no clue that Vista was the OS.

it'd be nice if, when someone posts a PC query, that alecstilleyedye didn't immediately tell them to buy a mac instead. please stop doing that. you do it everytime and it's not helpful. or clever. or big. or funny.

in fact it's getting boring.

domtyler

Über Member
trustysteed said:
it'd be nice if, when someone posts a PC query, that alecstilleyedye didn't immediately tell them to buy a mac instead. please stop doing that. you do it everytime and it's not helpful. or clever. or big. or funny.

in fact it's getting boring.

Yeah but at least he is predictable! :biggrin:

Come on. Some people go for style over substance and are prepared to pay ten times the price!!!! That, to me is ****ing hilarious!! At least they mainly tend to be graphic designers and Art students though.

domtyler

Über Member
redfox said:
No its the same, my picture just demonstrated a large dos window as an alternative. If you press alt enter (or tick the full screen box in your shortcut) you get the traditional 80*25 DOS full window display.

I didn't bother showing a thumbnail of that cos there would have been no clue that Vista was the OS.

Okay :biggrin:

yenrod

domtyler said:
And what exactly has your latest foul mouthed tirade contributed to this thread Yenrod? :biggrin::eek::tongue::sad::biggrin:

A lot less than your typetext pal !

At least I wouldnt make some arrogant reply to a thread DOMbleedinTYLER

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
A lot less than your typetext pal !

At least I wouldnt make some arrogant reply to a thread DOMbleedinTYLER

Take it easy Yenners, no one on here wants to see you get worked up again. You seemed to have got stuff under control again lately, let's not let things slip again huh?

Just remember you're among real friends here yeah? :biggrin::smile::tongue:

yenrod

domtyler said:
Take it easy Yenners, no one on here wants to see you get worked up again. You seemed to have got stuff under control again lately, let's not let things slip again huh?

Just remember you're among real friends here yeah? :tongue::smile::biggrin:

Was that a gun clicking then, you patronising git, Tyler ?

Lets not forget DOM - you made the comment.

I pointed out that it wasnt conducive to the thread never mind you saying Im losing it... :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
Was that a gun clicking then, you patronising git, Tyler ?

Lets not forget DOM - you made the comment.

I pointed out that it wasnt conducive to the thread never mind you saying Im losing it... :biggrin:

No ones saying that. Not at all. Let's just both be adult about this and agree that you need to take a chill pill eh? :tongue:

yenrod

domtyler said:
No ones saying that. Not at all. Let's just both be adult about this and agree that you need to take a chill pill eh? :biggrin:

This is going about things in Adult manner: 'You seemed to have got stuff under control again lately, let's not let things slip again huh?'

Top Bottom