our biggest ride yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bigjase

Bigjase

Yea sorry I forgot that lol with trying to think of every think at once to get prepared I do a lot of core strength anyway I've been seeing how I feel after each ride and the next few days. At the moment it's my trap muscles and lower back which are the worst. The lactic acid builds up quick in my legs after about 40 mile so I need the build that threshold up with more interval training. But any advice is most appreciated I need all the help I can get lol

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
OK, it sounds like you should be fit enough, certainly fitter than me anyway. Your lactic threshold may actually be being reached because you're trying to use your strength and power the bike all the time and not using a high enough spin rate, or cadence. You might want to try a stationary bike in the gym to get an idea from it's readout what a RPM of around 90-95 feels like, I'll bet if feels a lot quicker than you're used to doing outside on your bike...It's amazing what a difference to endurance lower gearing and higher spin rate can make, you can use this feeling as a guide out on the bike if you haven't got a computer/sensor that shows you that info.

OP
OP
Bigjase

Bigjase

Lol when it comes to eating i'm eating every think in sight. When we get back on Tuesdays nothing is safe in our fridge didn't eat this much when I was in strongman shows. As for the bike in the gym I have tryed what u said today and think it worked well. I need a lot more work on hills though

Top Bottom