Our first bike touring eBook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
I've downloaded mine. I'm sure Paul will be chuffed that he's included.:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I've downloaded mine. It's fabulous, I really wish I'd had it when I started touring!!! It's making me ache to go touring again. I think I may go and wake the baby up and bung him in the trailer for an afternoon.

OP
OP
F

friedel

Thanks for the kind comments.

To answer Stephen's question...

stephenjubb said:
brilliant ebook, can't it be posted no this forum as it is non for profit?

I would politely ask you not to upload copies of the book to websites. Here are 3 reasons why:

1) The book will be updated in the future. Things like links, equipment recommendations etc. go out of date. If the current version is posted here, no one will know when there's an updated version.

2) When people sign up for the book and join our mailing list, that allows me to tell them when we publish other eBooks (we're already working on another one). If they just access a copy of the Bike Touring Basics book somewhere else, they won't know in future that we've brought out other publications.

3) Seeing how many people sign up for something is one of the main ways I judge how much effort to put into future projects. If there's a lot of enthusiasm for something (as evidenced by a lot of subscriptions for the book), then I'll be encouraged to work on more. If no one signs up because they're all getting it from somewhere else (and people tend not to send a lot of direct feedback - so far we've had 1,000 downloads of the book and about 10 emails with feedback) then I don't know if anyone is enjoying it or not and I'm less inspired to do another.

Of course, having said all that, this is the internet. I fully expect someone, at some point, will upload the PDF somewhere and link to it. I can't do a lot about that, except tell you why I'd prefer that you don't.

Top Bottom