Our nappy company has gone bust!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've seen pictures of those overpaid businessmen crawling around in nappies being smacked by Miss Whiplash and I thought it was a fetish not research:ohmy:

Chris James

Über Member
domtyler said:
Come on Chris, washables are a lot of extra work, they stink when sitting around in buckets for days on end, they are messy, bad for the child's skin which has to endure wet cotton next to his or her skin for hours and are just inconvenient all round. Good for you if you are willing to endure the sacrifice, ostensibly on environmental grounds no doubt, but most people will continue to use disposables for the convenience, my family included, and Magnatom's too!!

We put the nappies in a bin with a tightly sealed lid, so you don't smell them.

If you regularly change the nappies then they don't apear to be bad for the skin. In any case, if you have ever had exploding disposables and see all that urine absorbing gel stuff they put in them then do you think that is great next to your kids skin either?

Neither me nor the Mrs are particularly environmentally motivated. In fact the first thing we did to our house when we moved in build a chimney so we could have an open coal fire.

So in summary, I don't view washable nappies as a sacrifice. They work just as well as disposables in my view and are handy to have around the house anyway to mop up sick etc. If it was so bad then we woudn't have gone throuhg it agian with Daniel.

Obviously it is a bonus that as well as being cheaper than disposables they are probably more environmentally friendly. In Huddersfield we only get our normal bin emptied every fortnight so having half the bin full of stinking nappy sacks in summer time isn't great on the smelly front either.

I don't much care what sort of nappy people use. We use disposables away on holiday for convenience too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorry - it was disposables for us.....

Potty training number two, my wife made some 'real nappies' - she sews - and when finished with, sold them on ebay...

My daughter had poo'ing issues, from just after her jabs - we think it was psychological as it had maybe hurt....she'd not poo for days, trips to from hospital, soya milk diet etc.... but when it came out, it came out...... That went on for 6 months... doctors useless.... but fortunately it cleared up....

Get them potty trained quick......

Top Bottom