Our nappy company has gone bust!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Our youngest (15 months) is a real nappy baby (our oldest was as well). We have a company that delivers the nappies every week and takes the dirty ones away for industrial cleaning (and sometimes it needs to be industrial:eek:;)). I think it is about the most environmentally friendly way of using nappies.

Anyway it seems we will have to go back to devil nappies (for a while at least) as the company is apparently going into liquidation (pun?;)) tomorrow.:sad:

It would appear that they weren't able to absorb the increase in costs...:tongue:

Seriously though it is sad for the company employees and I hope they can find more work soon:sad:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
So they're throwing the 'terry' towel in?

A shame, we used a similar service when Miss tdr1nka was a baby.

Mr Pig

tdr1nka said:
So they're throwing the 'terry' towel in?

Oh nooo, that's bad ;0)

Can't beat Pampers dude :0)

You save the ecology by having a truck drive to your house and back, 'twice', to clean your nappies in a big, power-hungry, chemical-filled washing machine? Just checking, sounds a bit too mad to be right.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Mr Pig said:
Oh nooo, that's bad ;0)

Can't beat Pampers dude :0)

You save the ecology by having a truck drive to your house and back, 'twice', to clean your nappies in a big, power-hungry, chemical-filled washing machine? Just checking, sounds a bit too mad to be right.

No. Actually its a fairly small dual fuel van. The washing system they employ is far more economical than what you could achieve at home as they have a system in place to reuse heat and to reuse final rinse water from one load as initial rinse water for the next load. Overall it is probably the least energy intensive way of using nappies, and there in no landfill issue at the end.;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

rich p said:
Why don't you just wash them like we did in the dim and distant past?

Aye we could, but we already use the washing machine a lot (2 kids, cycling kit, judo kit, gym kit for the wife etc), we don't have a tumble drier and we don't have the time!!

Maz

Guru
shoot happens.

Seriously, it is a shame about the company. I thought the idea of real nappies was that most of the poo was caught by an inner liner,which you could remove and flush away, leaving a relatively poo-free nappy to be cleaned in the washing machine.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Maz said:
shoot happens.

Seriously, it is a shame about the company. I thought the idea of real nappies was that most of the poo was caught by an inner liner,which you could remove and flush away, leaving a relatively poo-free nappy to be cleaned in the washing machine.

There is a very big assumption there. Your assuming that the poo is of a nice firm consistency that sits just where it's supposed to and doesn't squidge out of the sides up the childs back, out onto his/her legs, on to their clothes, onto your clothes, onto the mother-in laws clothes.......

I think you'll get the picture! ;)

Top Bottom