Our neighbour.......its about to hit the fan!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Our neighbours are actually pleasant people.......BUT
They breed hens/chickens. I dont know why as you can only eat so many eggs. But heyho each to his own.
They now have 2 cockerels. OK. But....they start thier bloody crowing/doodle doing stuff at 0500 every morning. It goes on till early noon. Non stop. Every 20-30 seconds. There is no escape.
So I have just been round to see them. Unfortunately the parents were out so I spoke to the 18 year old daughter. Pleasant chat. She said she hears it but it doesn't bother her. I explained "thats because its 'your noise'. Nice chat but I said we cannot put up with it any longer and they MUST go (cockerels, not parents^_^).
I have left it with her to explain to parents as I dont want to go around again IF its going to be resolved.
They also breed dogs and some years ago we seriously fell out over the constant barking.....that was eventually sorted but we dont really speak now. Hence my worry.
Watch this space.

GM

Legendary Member
Here Dave have some more, you do get used to it eventually :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Slick

Guru
That kind of noise at that time of the mormon would tip me over the edge as well. Nothing wrong with a few hens but I would draw the line at cockrells. If you have had some issues in the past that's been sorted, this will maybe get sorted the same way if they are reasonable enough.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
That kind of noise at that time of the mormon would tip me over the edge as well. Nothing wrong with a few hens but I would draw the line at cockrells. If you have had some issues in the past that's been sorted, this will maybe get sorted the same way if they are reasonable enough.
Thats what I am hoping. TBH they shouldnt need telling as its sooooo loud. I will soon know:rolleyes:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Do your deeds allow them to keep hens. Many deeds restrict livestock so they may be in breach of a covenant.
Also are there other neighbours who will join you in a complaint?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Trust me..... I have an air rifle and have thought about it.
I know I can report it and get it sorted but would prefer a friendly result if poss.

Absolutely, but you do wonder about people who think that's acceptable..

Sounds to me like their a bit selfish

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do your deeds allow them to keep hens. Many deeds restrict livestock so they may be in breach of a covenant.
Also are there other neighbours who will join you in a complaint?
I really am hoping it wont get that far but the neighbour on the other side is a midwife who works shifts. The neighbour furthest away has complained to us.

kapelmuur

Veteran
Keep a diary, record noise levels - decibel meter apps are free for smart phones - and if the situation can’t be resolved by discussion with the neighbours send your diary and noise readings to the Environmental Health dept of your local Council.

Slick

Guru
I really am hoping it wont get that far but the neighbour on the other side is a midwife who works shifts. The neighbour furthest away has complained to us.
Don't you hate people who complain to 3rd parties. My neighbour complained bitterly about someone writing in to our factor about something very silly. She then wrote to the factor about another neighbour complaining about something very silly. Have people lost the ability to do what you did and chap the door to speak to one another?

Top Bottom