Our neighbour.......its about to hit the fan!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A low roofed coop is the solution. They can't crow if they can't stretch their necks.

Don't waste your money on a decibel meter unless you're planning to take private action, and even then do a bit of homework because it's not simply a case of getting a number, and there are no values set in nuisance laws, it's more about demonstrating that the noise would be a 'nuisance' to the average person, and 'nuisance' has a legal definition.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Don't you hate people who complain to 3rd parties. My neighbour complained bitterly about someone writing in to our factor about something very silly. She then wrote to the factor about another neighbour complaining about something very silly. Have people lost the ability to do what you did and chap the door to speak to one another?
TBF.....the other neighbour complained to us about "that bloody noise every morning". She didn't know where it was coming from.
Mind you, I doubt she would confront them.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
A low roofed coup is the solution. They can't crow if they can't stretch their necks.

Don't waste your money on a decibel meter unless you're planning to take private action, and even then do a bit of homework because it's not simply a case of getting a number, and there are no values set in nuisance laws, it's more about demonstrating that the noise would be a 'nuisance' to the average person, and 'nuisance' has a legal definition.
Yes. Knowing nothing about cockerels I googled it and read about the low roof coups. I suggested that to the girl to pass on to her dad.
Neighbour disputes are horrible and I really want to avoid it if possible.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
This thread is just typical. Since my old homie the @Accy cyclist got crappy neighbours everyone else is desperate to get in on the act with some of their own. It's not a bleeding competition.
My first sentence stated that they are actually pleasant people^_^. They just seem oblivious to other people.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Yes. Knowing nothing about cockerels I googled it and read about the low roof coups. I suggested that to the girl to pass on to her dad.
Neighbour disputes are horrible and I really want to avoid it if possible.

Doesn’t work with my two cocks. Only one crows though and it is quite dulcet. I’ve had one that was shrill and that got my goat. Another monster that shook the windows if he came down to the house. This one crows a couple of times at sunrise and that’s it.

It’s all lovely old fashioned, good natured stuff. Reminds you of the good old days no?

(I am semi rural though 😉)

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
To add: I know you don’t want a dispute. Who does? But if a neighbour spoke to my 18 year old rather than me, I would wonder if he was being a bit watery. Even wonder about him being a bit of a bully.

I’m not under any circumstances, saying you are any of the above, but I think you need to speak to the head of the household. Not the child.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
:rolleyes:

This is why our hens are just a working womens 'coop'erative -
- see what I did there..

No neighbours close enough to annoy with the noise of a Cockerell here, but it would annoy th out of me.

(the owls are bad enough, at times )

Cocks crowing, unless you need their 'services' are just the overloud voice of an unproductive mouth to feed, I don't see the point of having them.

Hope you get this resolved amicably , I'm quite surprised that no one has bred a silent rooster yet.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Go round and talk to them, not the daughter. Its the first step before you escalate the situation.

They may decide just to get rid of them if other neighbours intend to complain.

Top Bottom