Our neighbour.......its about to hit the fan!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
They now have 2 cockerels. OK. But....they start thier bloody crowing/doodle doing stuff at 0500 every morning. It goes on till early noon. Non stop. Every 20-30 seconds. There is no escape.
When i lived in Cumbria the bloke across the back bred cockerels. He had about 12 of them... they were crowing all day and all night long, also non stop! Eventually your brain will filter it out... I eventually moved :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Go round and talk to them, not the daughter.
I'm not sure Dave speaks cockerel. Dr Dolittle he ain't.

classic33

Leg End Member
That kind of noise at that time of the mormon would tip me over the edge as well. Nothing wrong with a few hens but I would draw the line at cockrells. If you have had some issues in the past that's been sorted, this will maybe get sorted the same way if they are reasonable enough.
Not Hendu!!

gavgav

Guru
I think I will be having a chat with my neighbours soon. Again, pleasant people, but they have a 3 year old daughter who likes to charge about, upstairs, in the house......which I know 3 year olds do, but when it sounds like a heard of elephants are coming through the walls, for nigh on 3 hours per night, from 7pm onwards, enough is enough.

Why don’t they get her into bed and asleep, as all 3 year olds should be, at that time of night.

Last night I hammered on the wall, will see if it made them think....!

Slick

Guru
Not Hendu!!
Nah, just those bloody mormons. Lol

I wonder how that predictive text actually works as I don't think I've ever typed the word mormon out before on this tablet, the word morning though........:rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This thread is just typical. Since my old homie the @Accy cyclist got crappy neighbours everyone else is desperate to get in on the act with some of their own. It's not a bleeding competition.

Oi, you can have Bob the builder. His 'crap' is still opposite my house - the folding has gone, but bricks, insulation and bits of wood are piled up. Might call building regs at the Council about 'safe storage' - it's an accident waiting to happen when "his" kids climb on it (there are two other kids on the close, but aren't big enough yet).

Talk to local EHO. Under COPA you have a right to enjoyment of your premises without “statutory nuisance” posed by noise/smell/vibration/light etc.

Council EHO can advise you, advise them and also enforce them.

lane

Veteran
Friend of mine had a cockerel he sort of inherited. He was a bit odd (the friend not the cockerel) I remember at one time he was acoustically insulating the shed. Don't think it worked. One day he found it dead. Go figure.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think I will be having a chat with my neighbours soon. Again, pleasant people, but they have a 3 year old daughter who likes to charge about, upstairs, in the house......which I know 3 year olds do, but when it sounds like a heard of elephants are coming through the walls, for nigh on 3 hours per night, from 7pm onwards, enough is enough.

Why don’t they get her into bed and asleep, as all 3 year olds should be, at that time of night.

Last night I hammered on the wall, will see if it made them think....!

Better insulation. Never had any issues with either our kids, or kids next door - absolutely no noise between our two houses. It's one thing the builders actually did well.

Top Bottom