Our neighbour.......its about to hit the fan!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Friend of mine had a cockerel he sort of inherited. He was a bit odd (the friend not the cockerel) I remember at one time he was acoustically insulating the shed. Don't think it worked. One day he found it dead. Go figure.
It happens.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Good luck if you contact our mutual local council.
When I reported to various bodies, hedge cutting out of season (by a local to me, free range egg producer) the response from the council was basically we are going to do SFA.

Slick

Guru
Good luck if you contact our mutual local council.
When I reported to various bodies, hedge cutting out of season (by a local to me, free range egg producer) the response from the council was basically we are going to do SFA.
Hedge cutting out of season? :eek:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
This thread is just typical. Since my old homie the @Accy cyclist got crappy neighbours everyone else is desperate to get in on the act with some of their own. It's not a bleeding competition.
I win hands down ! mine sneaks out in the night and fills everyones bins up with rubbish . He gets up a ladder and drags rubbish across his shed roof to dump it in the alley and then walks around to get to the alley and spreads it outside everyone elses house .
Some one confronted him last week and said he has been seen . All he said was " oh , i guess you dont mind falling out with your neighbors then " He then stole everyones bins :laugh:

Slick

Guru
Birds nesting.
As a general rule, farmers and landowners should not cut hedges between March and the end of August. (EU Legislation). Domestically it should be also be avoided for the same reason.
Didn't know there was Legislation covering it. I've seen lots including domestic cut September even in to November this year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I win hands down ! mine sneaks out in the night and fills everyones bins up with rubbish . He gets up a ladder and drags rubbish across his shed roof to dump it in the alley and then walks around to get to the alley and spreads it outside everyone elses house .
Some one confronted him last week and said he has been seen . All he said was " oh , i guess you dont mind falling out with your neighbors then " He then stole everyones bins :laugh:

Really. Get him on video. I have a shot of my neighbour shoulder barging my wife's wing mirror (yes she slightly parked on the pavement) but he fully blocks the pavement with his van and other neighbours do it. My wife had been there 30 minutes whilst we shifted cars. He doesn't like me as I stand up to him being a bully - he has no competition as the other neighbours are elderly women on their own. He is a BIG man (not short ar$e) When he threattened to knock me out, I laughed... he was in his house, I was two steps down - but eye level - and I'm not tall, and had asked him to stop smoking my house out with smoke from his dodgy log burner (smoke free zone - new houses)..

My neighbour is a toss pott and everyone knows it. His kids chat to me whilst I'm washing cars / the bikes and I'm nice, but they have been taught I am "Mr Nasty Man" - I've heard them say it, and they themselves must realise that's not true as I am perfectly nice and chat with them - I'm not next door to them, the 3 ladies whose houses are next to them hate the family.

I try and ignore him as much as possible until he pushes it too far, then it's a word with the council.

Last edited:

AndreaJ

Veteran
We got some hens earlier in the year but I didn't get a cockerel in case it upset the neighbours. Our 2 closest neighbours have both said we should get one as they like the noise😂. We do live rurally though, there is a free range peacock in the village and he really does make a noise early on a summer’s morning

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
We got some hens earlier in the year but I didn't get a cockerel in case it upset the neighbours. Our 2 closest neighbours have both said we should get one as they like the noise😂. We do live rurally though, there is a free range peacock in the village and he really does make a noise early on a summer’s morning

Aarrgghhh Peacocks make a hideous noise.

I lived in a place where one nested on a branch outside the bedroom window.

Unearthly screaming in the wee small hours.

Cockerels pale into insignificance in comparison. :blink:

Just give thanks the neighbours aren't breeding them..

lane

Veteran
Plenty of early morning shift workers here scraping ice, reving engines, radios. Part of life.

Top Bottom