1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our neighbours are moving...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Maggot, 13 Jul 2007.

1. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

today. They are going 4 doors along and keep the same post-code :rolleyes: Obviously they are moving up in house size (not as big as ours though :8: ), but wouldn't you move at least to another road?

Having said that, we are in the last cul-de-sac on at the end of our exclusive, executive development of footballers mansions :?:

I couldn't believe they have a removal van though. The husband raised his eyebrows at me when it arrived, and said they were just going to open the front of the lorry and use it as a covered walkway :?: His wife was not impressed with his quippery :sad:

2. Peyote

Peyote New Member

Ha ha, me and my partner did something very similar!

The trouble was that the arrangements for swapping keys and moving possessions meant that we had to vacate our current house before we could move into the new one. So we had to load everything into a Hire Van, swap keys, then unload everything from the van 50 metres down the road.

It was very tedious, but then moving house always is.

3. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Do you have a roast every Sunday? :?:

4. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Roasts every Sunday?

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

Our next door neighbours moved from the house directly opposite (terrace) to next door to us (bungalow), Didn`t use a van ... fairly busy road ... lots of laughs :?: .

6. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

When I was akid, we moved next door! Council houses, bigger garden!

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

When I move house I always say never again, I'm hoping there will be no more but I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

Friends of mine moved in the same block of flats, from upstairs to downstairs. They didn't even have to go outside, let alone hire a van!

Moving house is a pain in the ar$e, but it is always good once the hi-fi and kettle are working again.

9. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Moving neighbours makes us nervous ever since violent drug dealers moved in next door one Christmas Eve. Life became unbearable and we had moved by June.