Out of date Christmas pud and rum sauce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Would you eat them? The pudding's best before date is the end of June this year and the rum sauce's is the end of November 2014 .I found them at the back of our cupboard. I'm tempted but maybe a bit wary of the sauce,with it being 74% milk and over a year out of date.
Are you after Patrick's crown of 'funny things to eat'. :whistle:

ayceejay

Guru
When I were a lad my mother would make her Christmas puddings and cake and pickled onions a year in advance.
This was when a Christmas pud had silver threepenny bits in

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
How do you know it is undrinkable? There must be a time when everything else in the house has gone that it will be drinkable.

I'd have to run out of: methylated spirits, windscreen wash, Sainsbury's multi-surface cleaner, Brasso, Domestos, Polyclens and Asda's cherry blossom washing up liquid before I'd resort to drinking the gin.

ayceejay

Guru
I think @Fnaar uses Miss Goodbody's thrupneys.
and on occasion a tanner if she bobs.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I like your thinking. That will leave me with the screen wash to drink with ice and a slice. :okay:

Thinking inspired by what my brother told me when he was in the RAF in Germany.

The vodka in the NAAFI was so cheap a lot of those on the base used it in their windscreen washer bottles.

Hyslop

Veteran
Would you eat them? The pudding's best before date is the end of June this year and the rum sauce's is the end of November 2014 .I found them at the back of our cupboard. I'm tempted but maybe a bit wary of the sauce,with it being 74% milk and over a year out of date.
Steer clear of the sauce I think.Cant help you with the puds I'm afraid.My father beamed whenever he saw a Christmas pudding-it was all his to eat!I hate the things and it didn't surprise me at all when I discovered 8 of the things in my Mothers house,one of which,a Wine Society offering,dated to 2010.What I can tell you is that the birds wouldn't touch them.not even the seagulls,though that may be due to alcohol in the mix.Have a nice yoghurt instead!

Top Bottom