Outdoor security camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am planning on installing one but don't want to pay a firm to do it . I am looking for one I can install myself, preferably wireless. I have looked on the internet and there is a wide choice but many of them are not worth the money according to reviews. What do you recommend?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Budget ? We have Lorex wired CCTV (with web access etv etc, but camera's wired to recorder) and a Lorex wifi camera that can be got for about £100 - they do wifi cameras for outdoors too. The Wifi cameras are a doddle to set up.

Drago

Legendary Member
How are the wireless ones powered?

My home system is Sannce, which I think is Chinese. Its a wired one, but they do all sorts. Inexpensive, decent kit, also web connected so Mrs D dan spy on me when she's at work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wireless need power but have the built in web connectivity. For £150 you'll get a good one. Take a look at Lorex, plus there are a load of others. Dead easy to set up.

Our home system has 4 cameras - Lorex recorder, and 2 lorex cameras and 2 Swann cameras. It was easy to install, but the 'box' needs wired network - easy with powerline extenders. The wifi ones, just find power, plug in, use the app to set up.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have a couple of TP-Link Kasa cameras for outdoors and indoors. The outdoor one is powered by a cable that I ran out of the loft, under the roof (I have power in the loft, luckily). It connects by wifi and saves to the free cloud account (2 days of storage for free, or pay up for longer). Motion-sensing, phone alerts, night-vision, selectable activity areas, live streaming, Alexa-enabled (can watch on TV via Fire stick) and talk-back all included.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have a couple of TP-Link Kasa cameras for outdoors and indoors. The outdoor one is powered by a cable that I ran out of the loft, under the roof (I have power in the loft, luckily). It connects by wifi and saves to the free cloud account (2 days of storage for free, or pay up for longer). Motion-sensing, phone alerts, night-vision, selectable activity areas, live streaming, Alexa-enabled (can watch on TV via Fire stick) and talk-back all included.

am I right in thinking that you can only use the free plan for 2 years and then if you don’t subscribe you don’t get cloud access?

Top Bottom