Outed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
On my way home from work on Friday. I'm tootling down a stretch of single-track road with passing places a few miles outside Basingstoke. Interactions with drivers are usually fine, but I'll often err on the side of caution and get into a passing place and wait if there's any potential for silliness as the road is too narrow in many places for car and bike to pass comfortably.

And that's what I was doing when this van passed. Waiting nicely. A little thanks would've been nice but wasn't expected. Instead, the ratboy driver raised his head from texting on his mobile just long enough to scream "Faaag!" out of the window.

I really wasn't expecting it. A nice sunny day, the bluebells coming out, an unexpected opportunity to do the full ride home and generally pleasant interactions with other road users.

As usual when this kind of thing happens, my anger quickly gives way to disappointment. Why am I disappointed?

1. Using sexuality as an insult is so 1990s. D'ya think I'm bothered whether somebody is gay or straight?
  2. Fag? Why use an Americanism when there are perfectly good English terms. "Poooof" would've had a nice retro feel to it. And on St George's Day as well. Shame on you, ratboy!
  3. I was holding a pretty decent track-stand while I waited. Admittedly the commuter-bike almost stands up by itself, but he could have at least shouted "nice trackstand, poof!"

These days my skin is reasonably thick and the temper usually under control. I was enjoying the ride, and after counting ten I tried to get on with enjoying it some more. I haven't put anything on youtube in a while and I'm not going to bother with this one. My recorder's knackered after its trip through the ford a month back, there's no sound and ratboy's head is represented by a single beige pixel (a vast improvement). You can see the reg -FV06 OLB- on this screenshot but not the mobile. If the evidence were better I'd ring plod, but with what I've got I really can't be @rsed.

picture.php

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Just be thankful.

Thankful that you are way, way up the genepool ahead of this braindead idiot who clearly spends his time watching too many US imported soaps to develop any sense of independent thought or even the intelligence to come up with an original insult.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Gerry Attrick said:
You do have to admire the wit and repartee of WVM though. With such a store of original, side-splitting quips, just imagine how his long winter nights simply fly by;)

Watching his missus getting off with cyclists perhaps? :biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Reminds me of one day when I was out walking one of the dogs. I got to a bit beside a carpark and as I was wandering along, a souped up Vauxhaul Nova stopped and a Ned (Chav), wearing a cap at the regulation gravity defying angle, shouted out of the window

'You're a poof!'

And promptly drove off.

Personally I never knew my dog was gay before, but coming to think about it, he IS called Bruno after all.

We kept walking, me looking at the view and him sniffing other dog's bums.

Bond

Mad Doug Biker said:
Personally I never knew my dog was gay before, but coming to think about it, he IS called Bruno after all.

We kept walking, me looking at the view and him sniffing other dog's bums.

:laugh:

Armegatron

downfader said:
Watching his missus getting off with cyclists perhaps? :laugh:

I had a driver shout some abuse to me about not being taxed etc. I argued the point that I own a car so I pay "road tax" so he moved onto calling me a knob. He wasnt best pleased when I mentioned that at least I didnt have a small knob like his, and that his wife totally loves my big knob :bicycle:

Are you sure he wasn't saying....'do you have a faaag?' :laugh:

Shame about the lack of sound. Of course, if you looking for a new helmet camera have a look below....:bicycle:

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
Are you sure he wasn't saying....'do you have a faaag?' :bicycle:
I think he was just annoyed that I didn't wave......:laugh:

magnatom said:
Shame about the lack of sound. Of course, if you looking for a new helmet camera have a look below....:thumbsup:

Shameless maggers, absolutely shameless opportunism. Unfortunately I've already splashed cash on a ContourHD. The bulletcam setup wasn't really working for me as I mount the camera on the handlebars. Going back to a posher version of the old ATC2000 should make life easier (as long as I don't go submarinering again).

Bollo said:
I think he was just annoyed that I didn't wave......:evil:

Shameless maggers, absolutely shameless opportunism. Unfortunately I've already splashed cash on a ContourHD. The bulletcam setup wasn't really working for me as I mount the camera on the handlebars. Going back to a posher version of the old ATC2000 should make life easier (as long as I don't go submarinering again).

Ah, which did you go for? Standard or 1080i?

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
Ah, which did you go for? Standard or 1080i?
Just the standard. If its good enough to pick out a numberplate, face and (usually) a mobile clamped to the ear then I'm happy.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I had an "interesting" chat with a hackney carriage driver earlier this month after a close pass and verbals - it ended with a similar Stonewall-esque outing. Normally I wouldn't bother reporting incidents involving cabbies, but I was in a bad mood and wrote a sniffy letter to TFL/PCO and the guy got a written warning after the investigation.

Mags, I just opted for the GoPro HD from the USA.

Top Bottom