Outside storage for Brompton bike, help !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve GW

Hi all,

we have two Bromptons (plus a child’s bike), that we want to put in a secure cabinet in our yard. We looked at Asgard but they are just too big and expensive. Does anyone know another brand that would be ideal for a couple of Bromptons(and small bike)
Thanks
Steve from Kent

alicat

Legendary Member
Personally I wouldn't store anything as portable and valuable as two Bromptons outside in anything less secure than an Asgard. If I absolutely had to, I'd be looking at ground anchors sunk in concrete and a good alarm.

I wouldn't store a brommie outside at all - are you up several flights of tricky stairs?

I do hope you aren't tempted by any outside storage to ever lock one in the street.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Any outside storage would have to be built like Fort Knox, alarmed and with CCTV coverage. I don't keep mine in the shed or garage with the other bikes.
I now have this image of you with your trusty Brompton handcuffed to your wrist, much like the Diamond couriers transporting high value items around the world 😁

^^^^^^
This. I have my lightweight Brommie tucked in the bottom of the airing cupboard, another in a space under the stairs. IKEA do a " KALLAX " storage cube.
Oh that's a good tip about the storage cube. I like.

shingwell

One of the clever things about the Brompton fold (compared with other folders) is that all the dirty bits are within the fold... not just the chain - even the road wheels don't touch the carpet once you bring it indoors (if you have a rack and easywheels anyway... not sure about the front wheel on non-rack models?)

OP
OP
S

Steve GW

Hey Steve - lots of answers but no response to say why you need to keep it outside.

Is it one of the reasons above?
Hi, sorry for delay. We just don’t have the room inside the house. We are renting. There is a secure courtyard at the back and it’s a relatively safe area.
Thanks
Steve

Top Bottom